Monday, March 18, 2013

A Need to Learn

Earlier in the week, as I had just finished reading a book to Bunny for the fourth time in a row, I had to end our session to tend to Squirrely who had been fallen flat on her nose while crawling. Bunny immediately asked if we could read the book again. I had to tell her that I had needed to take care of her sister, but I would read it again later.

She was bummed, and announced that she would just read the book herself.
She sat down and opened it. After a few moments, she looked up at me with her big blue eyes and smiling, she said, "I don't know how to read. I need to learn!"
Nobody told her she had to, nobody forced her into it. She just needed to learn.


So we have kicked our letter learning up a notch.
We also found a fun new game to help teach her what upper case and lower case letters go together.


We have Eric Carl letter cards that have both upper case and lower case letters.
So we spread all the upper case ones on the table, and I handed her one lower case card at a time so she could match the baby up with its mama!


Bunny loves this new matching mama and baby letter game, and is quickly learning to pair them up.



5 comments:

  1. Wow that's awesome! I love her attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 3 year old son is the SAME WAY! A self-motivated learner.

    Thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow how cool, I would love my son to decide to read like that. He is definitely starting to show interest in letters and I have to be careful not to jump on his interest and push to hard. You've been given a clear green light. How lovely. I'm sharing this on the Sunday Parenting Party Pinterest board

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used a matching game. Thanks for linking up at Family Fun Friday.
    Sincerely,
    Monica
    http://happyandblessedhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun!! I love how they want to learn! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete