Saturday, December 25, 2010

One Sick Bunny

So... Bunny is sick... Last night she had a fever of 103... Today she threw up once and slept alot... Tonight, though she is doing much better, I want to be prepared for her every need... So... I made a Sick Bunny Bedtime Basket... It is filled with things I might need for Bunny during the night such as:

  • Night light/ flash light (actually, mine is a flameless candle)
  • Thermometer (I have a temporal scanner but prefer regular digital)
  • Children's Acetaminophen & measuring spoon/dropper/syringe (20 lbs = 3/4 tsp)
  • Gas drops
  • Teething tablets
  • Nasal aspirator (aka: nose sucker)
  • Earache drops
  • Tissues (one or two should be enough for a baby)
  • Rice pack/hot cold pack (mine is a bunny rice pack with chamomile and lavender inside)
  • One or two extra binkies if you use them ( I like glow in the dark ones so they can be found quickly)
  • Diaper and wipes (he/she might have diarrhea along with being sick)
  • Last but not least, a cordless phone (to call my mama if it gets too bad)
Hubs sets the alarm clock for us to check her temperature and/or give her medicine. I nurse her any and all times she wants to keep her hydrated. I also double up on vitamins for myself, so she will get them through my breast milk. I sleep close to her, both for her comfort and so I know she is alright (If you do not co-sleep, I recommend at least keeping the baby in your room while he/she is sick, even if it is only in a bassinet or crib near you). I also love my Summer Infant Video Baby Monitor for when I am not right with her while she sleeps.

P.S. I think I'll add a bottle of water for myself to the basket.

1 comment:

  1. You are an awesome mama! I am so glad Bunny is feeling better <3

    ReplyDelete