Friday, April 15, 2011

Taxes

Today is April 15th. The day that income taxes are due. I don't think there is a single person that enjoys this process (Luckily, I have a great mama who helps me with mine). This year however is a bit different for us. We actually got back a good bit this year (Thanks God!). This might partly be due to the fact that we had a baby last year (great tax deductions). But mostly, it has to do with the fact that we are... well... poor.

This absolutely does not mean that we don't work. My husband is a well tender and I do daycare, as you know. We have jobs, just not high paying ones. Luckily, we also do not have any debt. As in no house payment, car payment, student loans, ect, ect. We decided a long time ago that we would rather go without things than go without each other. We worked our butts off saving money ahead of time. And now, we are able to live comfortably on a low income. We do tithe, which I feel is a personal decision between us and God. Since we started tithing, we seem to have more money instead of less (hmm?) But still, in the world's eyes, we are poor.

We gave up a lot to be together. I feel that it is not true that love doesn't cost a thing. But, if it is true love, you won't mind giving up some things for it. People always tell me that I am so blessed to have the life I have (unless they are appalled by the whole idea of it). This is true, but we each make the choices we make and I made mine on purpose. We don't have a lot of things that others do (Well, they don't really either, the bank owns their things) This life didn't just fall onto our laps, we had to work hard for it. In the end, I am so glad we did. We may be poor, but we are happy.

And really, I don't care too much for money. Money can't buy me love.



No comments:

Post a Comment