Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oh, What A Day!

Today is the National Day of Prayer. Though I am not able to go out and support it, my heart and prayers are there with my church family as they rally together with other churches from our community. The Bible says: "The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." This is so true. I believe that, for a Christian, forgetting to pray is like forgetting to breathe. We might live for a short time without it, but very soon we will start to crave its nourishment. We will begin to feel weak, and we must make the choice whether to go down, or to once again, take a breath. I will forever marvel at the power of fresh air and prayer.
For more info go to: http://nationaldayofprayer.org/

Today is also the International Day Of The Midwife. Yet another cause that is close to my heart. I really wish I felt the calling to be one, but I know my place is here. Midwifery has already changed my life and I haven't even gotten the chance to birth with one yet. Today has been 13 months since Bunny's birth--an experience that changed my life, in so many ways, for the better. The best thing that came out it (besides Bunny) is that I am now trying harder than ever to listen to God. The Bible says: "God was kind to the midwives and the people increased and became even more numerous. Because the midwives feared God, He gave them families of their own." How amazing that I never took a second look at this verse until lately. I never really even noiticed it. God is doing something in me through the midwives that I have the privilege of knowing. I have been emailing back and forth with an old friend who is in midwifery school and I am amazed at the things she tells me about the experience. I am looking forward to learning about and spending more time with midwives in the future. One of my Facebook friends said it best: "Hmmm.. National Day of Prayer and International Day of the Midwife on the same day... coincidence??? I think not! :) Say a prayer for midwives and that more babies, mamas, and families may come to know the life-changing power of a beautiful birth! I ♥ MIDWIVES!!!" 

Thanks to all midwives today for bringing safe options to mamas & babies all over the world!
For more info go to: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/MidwiferyToday

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/pages/Sacred-Mountain-Midwifery/126934990651561

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/pages/West-Virginia-Friends-of-Midwives/101345963256441

So pray for midwifery. Pray for America. Pray for gas prices, a job, or anything at all. Burden God with whatever burdens you. If you haven't done it in a long time, or don't know how, just take a deep breath and start...

P.S. Happy Cinco De Mayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment