Friday, May 27, 2011

A Picnic In The Park


Yesterday, we went for a picnic. The Hubs made sandwiches and packed a picnic basket. He is just awesome like that. I got Bunny dressed and ready to go. After we stopped at the store to buy a watermelon, we drove just a few miles down the road to Jackson's Mill. One of my favorite places.




We walked the trail util we found a cool shady spot in the woods. Bunny wasn't really sure what was going on, but her eyes light up when she saw the watermelon. The Hubs sliced it and I got out the sandwiches.




I think Bunny ate her weight in watermelon.
I had to take her shirt off after the first few bites.



When we were finished eating, we cleaned up and went down to feed the fish and geese.
Bunny completely understood the idea and didn't even try to eat the fish food!




Bunny and I picked up a brochure and had one of our first homeschool lessons.




Then we took the self guided tour of the farmstead where General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson grew up.

It was an amazing family evening.
I can't wait to do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment