Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Favorite Little Man

Today is my nephew, Monkey's, birthday! He is four. Wait... How did that happen? I mean, it seems like not too long ago I was sitting in a Target parking lot, watching Mama jumping up and down and screaming because my sister, Meagan, just got a positive pregnancy test (She took it in the Target bathroom). It really cannot have been that long since I held that tiny baby boy in my arms for the first time, or since he gave me the nick name "Fee", or since he fell in love with Bunny and they became dear friends. Really, it feels like just yesterday.

Like most boys his age, Monkey loves anything that has to do with super heroes. The couch monster is our enemy, and we are constantly saving people from it's evil clutches. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are a favorite of his (and an old favorite of mine as well), so I decided to try to make him a blue mask (he told me the blue guy is his favorite). The Leonardo mask was coming along well, when I suddenly got a brilliant idea about making a turtle shell backpack out of a green fleece scarf that Mama has gotten at a ridiculous clearance price and told me I could use. I drew out a plan (stopping to ask the Hubs if it looked right), and began to cut and sew. It turned out slightly smaller than I had pictured, but I only had so much scarf with which to work. I backed it with grey fleece, elasticised the top, and added straps. I can't wait to give it to him this evening.



More pics to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment