Thursday, May 17, 2012

Crafting Along With needle and thREAD

Today I did the opposite of sewing.

Seam ripping quite often feels like a step backwards in a project.

This time, however, I was actually taking something apart to use it for something else.

Sort of upcycling. So it didn't feel so bad.


I have not really been reading a book, but lately I have been reading a lot on Spinning Babies.

It was actually this site that inspired my seam ripping project.

I took apart two woven scarves that my sister had sewn together for me to use as a baby wrap.

I recently decided that it (once taken apart again) would make a perfect rebozo.

I now have one for my house and one for mama's.





4 comments:

  1. I gulped when I saw that seam ripper but felt much better once I read on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you make your rebozo? I'd love to make one, too!

    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of years ago, I found a funky cool long scarf at Target, bought two and had my sister sew them together (pre sewing machine for me) to make a wrap. This week, I took them back apart to make two rebozos... and YES you need a rebozo, feels so good! scarf -> baby wrap -> two rebozos LOL Wonder what I'll use it for next year lol

      Delete
  3. Hi, looks like it would of been a beautiful baby sling /wrap very impressed that your sister would make her own... Your adventurous style has won me over, look forward to following along on your fun for awhile...Star

    ReplyDelete