Tuesday, May 29, 2012

How to Tuesday: Kale Chips


We like kale chips, from time to time.. salty and greasy enough to "feel" like junk food.. yet between the kale and the coconut oil and the sprinkle of sea salt, they are very healthy!  And better yet.. the kale comes straight from my grandpa's garden.. hand picked by us (and with the playschool children eating it as we pick, it is hard to have enough to make anything at home!)

kale and spinach... just picked

rinse in cold water

separate out spinach for a salad later (gorgeous, huh?)

melt coconut oil (2 tablespoons per cooking sheet) in 300* oven
lay kale on sheet (single layer) and smoosh around in the oil a bit.. coating both sides

bake at 300* until desired crispness (usually 12-15 mins)
turning and sprinkling with sea salt, after 5-10 mins



5 comments:

  1. They look delicious! I've heard of them before, but your method looks especially easy & doable. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look yummy. My sister makes them but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look awesome! I used to make these in my dehydrator!

    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet that works well (unless you are desperate for that greasy/salty/junk foody taste lol)

      Delete
  4. I have been looking to purchase Kale chips, because I didn't realize they were so easy to make. I can't believe the playschool children were eating the fresh picked kale! My kids won't eat anything leafy.

    ReplyDelete