This week I decided to try out a pattern. It was such a cute little dress and I couldn't help myself. So I went against my better instincts and cut out the pieces. The dress part was easy, but I had major issues with the neckline. Perhaps it was due to my lack of ironing skills. Perhaps it was too late at night. I don't think that the pattern itself was flawed as many people have had great succes with it. Patterns and I just do not do well together.
After many attempts, I decided that I had some really cute ribbon that matched the fabric print and I would rather use it anyway.
In the end, Bunny still got a chicken dress. It turned out a little shorter that I usually make them due to the change in the neckline. Still very cute, and she likes it. I have a good bit of leftover fabric, so I plan to make one for Squirrely as well.
Having fun with the following linky parties: Mom's Monday Mingle, Tatertots and Jello, Sundae Scoop, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Creative Friday, needle and thREAD, Keep Calm and Craft On, WIP Wednesday, Made With Love, Making Monday Marvelous and Homemade By You!