Thursday, June 6, 2013

Four In The (Queen Sized) Bed


Our co-sleeping set up rocks. Papa, Squirrely in the middle, me, and Bunny in her own little bed next to ours. Except, Bunny doesn't stay in her own little bed next to ours. She usually makes it only a few hours before waking up and wanting to snuggle, and then we are pretty squished. Papa loves it. He tells people we sleep in a real pile. A heap of tangled up bodies. I'll admit that I LOVE that he loves it. I'll also admit that I would really love to be able to roll over in my sleep with out having to rearrange all the arms and legs laying across me.

We had plans of buying a king sized bed with our income tax return, but alas, the cheapskate in me won out. I mean... do we need a king sized bed? No! We can manage. We can rally. Even when Papa works nightshift, I still end up squished. These girls just love to sleep right up next to me. So I will just pry Bunny off of me and scoot her over into her little bed at some point during the night, and push Squirrely over some, and we will be fine. There is no need for a bigger bed... Unless I found one really cheap... But that is just how I roll. I come up with a price of what something would be worth to me, if it happens to be more, I do without. This method has worked quite well over the years. I am pretty good at budgeting. I was even better when we had even less to budget. But while I was great with very little money, I find I am only pretty good with more. I am striving to do better though. We have dreams, and they aren't going to pay for themselves. We need to save money.


I have once again found myself craving less and less. A more simple, less cluttered life. For the first time ever, Papa seems to be completely on board with me tossing out and giving away boxes and bags full of things I feel we no longer need. Of course I sometimes have to pause and let him sort through a pile to pick out what he thinks is necessary to keep. But I think he is catching on to the fact that less junk, makes less hassle, makes a happy wife. And we all know that a happy wife makes a happy life ;) Simplicity sometimes means we're more squished (like when there are four people in a queen size bed), but sometimes it means, less junk, less spending, less waste, less work (in the long run), more love!


Each week I join several linky parties!  What a fun way to share and learn! 
Natural Living Monday,  The Children's Bookshelf,  Monday's Kid Corner, Hey Mom, Look What I Did!, Montessori Monday, Made by Little Hands, Homemade Mondays, Mama Moments Monday {Link Up}The Gathering Spot,  Little Wonders' Days,  Mom's Monday Mingle, Mommy Moments, Frugal, Crafty Home,  Hip Homeschool Hop, Mom's Library,  Tuesday Tots, (tot school tuesday), The Tuesday Baby Link-Up, Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}, Tuned in Tuesday, Teach Me Tuesday, TOO Cute Tuesday, Open Call Tuesday, Backyard Farming Connection HopTuned in Tuesday, Kids in the Kitchen,  Waldorf WednesdayIt's PlaytimeWe Made That Linky, What I Learned Wednesday, Super Link PartyKids Co-Op,  Artsy Play Wednesday, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Adorned From Above, Frugal Days, Sustainable WaysKids CraftsLink and LearnThrifty Thursday,  Hearts for Home,  needle and thREAD, Made U LookTender Moments with Toddlers and Preschoolers,  Natural Living Link-Up, Small Footprint Friday,  Our Days Homeschool Link-Up,  For the Kids FridayFarmGirl Friday Blog Hop,  Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday, Read. Explore. Learn.Creative Learning on Friday,  Preschool and Kindergarten Corner, Friday's Nature TableThe Friday Baby Shower,  TGIF Linky PartyFamily Fun Friday,  Creative Friday, Friday Flair Link Party, Shine on Fridays, Friday FavsOutdoor Play Party,  Do Something CraftyWeekend Whatever,  Saturday Show and Tell,  Tot School Gathering Place,  Sharing Saturday, Share It Saturday, Country Kids, Link and Learn, sharing creative, ideas {all weekend}, Show and Share SaturdayStress Free Sunday,  The Sunday Showcase, The Preschool Prekinder Nook, Fun Sparks, The Sunday Parenting Party, Making Boys MenSpring CarnivalMade with Love, Raising Memories

And each week I co-host Eco-Kids Tuesday Link-Up!

7 comments:

  1. Amen sister.. I am with you on this one all the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am constantly going through stuff and donating. I hate having lots of clutter around, I am definitely a minimalist. My husband always has to go through everything to make sure I'm not giving away too much :) We also co-sleep. My oldest has his own bed in another room, but my youngest still sleeps on our queen size bed. Cute pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have 4 in the bed too. I love the snuggles! The only time I get irritated is when one of my boys decides to wake up too early and wake the other one up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm so glad that works for you. When all 4 of us (plus baby bump) are in the King, I can't sleep :). Co-sleeping is great and I can't wait to have another wee-one in with us!

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always love hearing other's bed-sharing stories. our 4.5 year old sleeps in our bed. i love it too. am going to be sad here in the next couple years when he moves to his own bed. will be sharing this at sunday's parenting party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...love this - and your desire for simplicity! Thanks for sharing with the Tuesday Baby Link Up community!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! We love co-sleeping too. And when someone can actually grab a camera during the night, you can catch the absolute cutest family pictures. ;-)

    Thanks for linking up at The Tuesday Baby Link Up! We hope to see you back this week.

    ReplyDelete