Monday, December 13, 2010

An Enchanted Childhood~ Daycare: Christmas Newsletter

Merry Christmas!
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.  ~Norman Vincent Peale

Christmas will be here before we know it.  It is a special, cozy time of the year: creating ornaments and yummy treats, decorating our homes, singing songs and reading stories about Christmas.  We are reading Jan Brett’s wonderful books throughout the entire month of December—The Mitten, The Gingerbread Baby (which we still call Jinga Red Baby thanks to F—who came two years ago), The Night Before Christmas, and many more great books.  We will do activities and make ornaments each week, as well as sing Christmas songs and bake a few treats (mmmm… like gingerbread people).  Our Christmas party will be December 21st (a Tuesday) so that T can join us.
Time seems to be on “fast forward” and the children are growing up so fast.  Bunny is 8 months old (how???) She is pulling up to furniture and army crawling everywhere.  She thinks she is “one of the kids”.  If they play under the table, guess where she goes?!  T’s baby sister, BabyK, was born and will join our little family in mid winter.  T misses his friends and has decided he needs to come once a week while his mama is off on maternity leave J  L continues to be such a sweetie.  He adores the younger children (especially M and Bunny) and looks after them.  B is NOT a baby any longer. He was Hannah’s “first baby” but has grown up so much and is so independent (which can be read as smart, capable, stubborn… ) it is a little heartbreaking.  His mama is pregnant and he will be a big brother in April!  WE can hardly wait to find out if we are adding a baby boy or baby girl to the mix next summer. 
GrandBabyBoy continues to come 2X a week and now stays the entire day.  I am pretty sure, if he could, he’d come every day just to play with his friends.  G has grown by leaps and bounds in his language skills and his ability to play with the others.  He is well liked by all the children and has a little special friendship with B.  M is and most likely always will be the little princess around here.  She loves L, whom she calls either “My boy” or just “Boy”.  90% of the time she is the sweetest little thing and the other 10%.... well, watch out!  But we love her little attitude and are glad she can hold her own in this “mostly boy” daycare family.  C has had no problem fitting right in—she makes friends easily and all the children adore her.  She watches Hannah mother Bunny and imitates her.  It is very sweet to watch.  E is so dainty that I am afraid she will break!  Even though she only comes once a week, she has merged well with the gang and enjoys every aspect of our daycare.
We have reached a milestone—though it will be short-lived since we are starting over with new babies.  All the daycare children are either totally or pretty close to potty trained!!  B, M, and G are down to just a diaper change or two a day—using the potty most of the time.  The others are 100% potty trained.  But like I said… with Bunny heading up our 2nd “set” of children, we will be back in throes of mega diapering very soon.
Things to Note~
*Like we said earlier, the Christmas party will be Tuesday, December 21st.
*We will NOT be working Thursday and Friday, December 23rd and 24th.
*Make sure your child has a heavy winter coat and hat available to us every day.  It does not have to stay here, but we do go out each day that it is 40* or warmer (and sometimes for a quick walk or some snow play at even colder temps) so be sure to at least send a winter coat (and hat) each day!
*Each week, I write up a review of our daycare activities on Hannah’s blog—be sure to check in from time to time, where you will find out what books we read, see pics of the children, and get a feel for what we do each day.
We so love your children and feel blessed to be able to be a part of their lives, and yours.  We hope each of you have a very Merry Christmas and an awesome New Year!
Love~ Kerri, Hannah, and Katie

“It is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty Founder was a child Himself"  Charles Dickens

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say I love your blog. I have known your Mom for a long time. I have a Grandson his name is Izaac. He will be a year old in January of 2011. If you ever have an opening for even a few days a week, please let me know. Love how you work with the children. You are truly blessed.