Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day ~ Part Two

(You don't have to watch, just listen.)

When I was 14 I met the boy that would later become my husband. He was a blue eyed, brown haired, crooked smiled, 15 year old. We fell fast. So fast, that I really didn't even realize that was what it was until I was already head over heels, in love. It wasn't aways easy. Sometimes it was the hardest thing we have ever done. But we pressed on towards our dreams.



It has been almost seven years since we first met. I can honestly say that I love him more today than I did then. I've watched him grow from a boy to a man in so many ways. I've seen him accept Christ, get baptized, walk away from a childhood full of hate and lies, to start a new life built around love and trust. He works hard to provide us with money, and he works hard to provide us with a leader.  He has become a man that most people never knew he could be. But I knew.



I always knew that The Hubs would be a good dad. He was always kind and good with children. When Bunny was born, he was so determined to give her the things he never had as a child. I am not talking about money, or toys, or clothes. I am talking about family. I am talking about being here. I am talking about making a home and a life together. He strives for these things everyday. He gives it all he's got, he loves with all he has, and he if he ever stumbles, he has HIS FAMILY there to catch him.



Dear Kyle,
Thank you for always being my hero and my best friend,
 for being an amazing papa to Bunny, 
and for being the leader of our family.
I love you. Happy Father's Day!

Love, Hannah



No comments:

Post a Comment