Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing


As you (should) all know by now, Bunny sleeps with us. It is often called bed sharing, co-sleeping or family bed. Many people do not understand (and some people do not agree with) it. Many people ask, "Why do you sleep with your baby?" To this, I would like to answer their question with another question. "Why do you sleep with your spouse?" The answer has nothing to do with sex. You can do that in many places other than bed. So, why do we sleep with our spouse?

When The Hubs and I got married, one of the things that I looked forward to the most was sleeping in the same bed as him every night. I longed to lay with his arms around me. To wake in the middle of the night and kiss his cheek before drifting off to dreamland again. To bask in the warmth of our love. Bliss... It is no different with Bunny. The best nights are when I wake with a part of myself entangled in each of them. Surrounded by my loved ones. Not having to wonder if they are ok or warm enough. Not having to get up to satisfy my curiosity about their safety. I can feel their heartbeats while they're dreaming. I can hear them breathe while they're sleeping. Perfectly, peacefully sleeping. Maybe a little nursing, or cuddling, but mostly sleeping.

As I type, it is midnight... I am laying, nestled between the two people I love the most in this world... They are both sleeping sweetly... There is no place I would rather be... My cup runneth over... That is why I sleep with my spouse and my baby... Thank You God!

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment