Monday, November 12, 2012

Fall Back

Whoever invented this changing of the time was obviously not a mom. I mean really whoever thought that children would just go along with all of us setting our clocks back an hour? My girls have not had too much of a problem adjusting, but there is still the occasional early morning. This morning was one such morning. They insisted on getting up at 6:30 this morning (they usually sleep until at least 8). Mutiny I tell you! I had a feeling at first that it was total anarchy. However after seeing the giggles and mischievous glaces exchanged between them as I yawned and stretched, I realized that they were much to organized and therefore, it must be a mutiny. Already scheming at such a young age. These girls are going to take over the world together. I am sure of it.

I do seem to have regained at least some of my captain-hood, however. With Squirrely now taking a little morning nap, and Bunny playing happily with her trains on the floor, I do at least have time to sip a cup of gingerbread spice tea. I was a decaf coffee drinker until Mama found this stuff. Sweet nectar from heaven. With a dash of milk and a sprinkle of sugar it is simply delicious.

With Bunny being more sleepy lately, due to the time change, she has enjoyed playing "rest time" she get blankets and pillows and books and declares that she is tired and going to "peep".


She insists that her baby sister plays with her and they are both content to snuggle and play quietly for up to a half hour.


BEST GAME EVER!


I love my sweet sleepy girls <3


Linked to:


8 comments:

  1. Precious! What brand is the tea, sounds yummy :o)

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, I cant even begin to tell you how many times I have said the same thing about whoever came up with the time change, and with my little boys waking up at 6:30 normally it make for some really early mornings!! Glad you were able to get some time to relax and enjoy your tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! I detest the time changes. I understand the purpose of it, but think it's a bit unnecessary now...as I sit here yawning. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hate the time change too! My son has always been an early riser (we're talking 5:30-6 a.m. every day for his entire 2 years of life)! So with the time change he was up around 4:30 for almost 2 weeks. He's finally sleeping in until 6 a.m. and it feels great. Never thought I would say 6 is sleeping in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! (Mine got up at 5 and 5:30 after the time change! He leaves me alone, though, but how can you sleep after a wakened child roams around the house!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how cute!! I hate the time change. Since my daughter usually gets up between 5 and 6 the time change makes it unbearable! I don't understand why we can't just adjust the clocks half an hour one time and be done with it. Thank you for sharing at Happy Family Times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is precious and wonderful that they're playing nap time! My little one was up at 4:30am for a while there after the time change. Ugh! Thanks for linking up with the Tuesday Baby Link Up! I hope you'll join us again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete