Thursday, January 17, 2013

Crafting Along

I <3 hippie skirts!
Long, flowy, breezy, hippie skirts.
However, as a mama of two little ones, I find it hard to wear them.
They constantly get pulled down, or hiked up, or used as a tent for a small child.
Too much hassle, for everyday wear.

I needed a way to make them stay where they should.
 So I came up with this.
I chopped off the top tier of the skirt and sewed the bottom of the skirt to a pair of cut-off jeans.


I suppose what I now have could be called a hippie skort...

All the awesomeness of a skirt that I love, with the security of knowing I can stay modest that I need.

Can't wait till we have another nice day so I can wear it!


Each week I joined several linky parties!  What a fun way to share and learn! 

4 comments:

  1. Oooh...I'd like to see a pic of it on you sometime. Looks very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love that! I'm going to steal your idea...then I'll be able to sit cross legged on the floor without worrying about flashing my pants at everyone!

    ReplyDelete